Retail Sales Manager -Myrtle Beach State Park
Date Posted: February 23, 2022
Deadline: March 1, 2022
Organization: SCPRT/Myrtle Beach State Park
City: Myrtle Beach
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $33,312 annually.
An Associate Degree in business, retail or public administration and two years park experience, administration or managerial experience or High School graduate with minimum four (4) years related experience.
1) Position requires bending, stooping, standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 pounds. Employee will be involved with the stocking of inventory, working from a step ladder, and moving of display material. Equipment employee will work with includes: cash register, calculators, computer and other related items. Exposure to cleaning agents used in maintaining facilities. Position works a flexible work schedule to include weekends and holidays.
2) Must possess an ability to present clear, concise, and comprehensive oral and written reports. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must possess the ability to maintain a positive working relationship with the general public and staff members.
3) Possess valid South Carolina driver's license.
Directs and coordinates the operation of retail facilities of a large state park; particularly in keeping with accounting of all revenues generated, accountability of all inventories, as well as training and supervising a customer service oriented retail staff.
1) Supervises and participates in the preparation and maintenance of the park's fiscal records, reports and files to include weekly operational reports, special contracts, permit and licenses, and the parks general accounts receivable and payable.
2) Supervise and train all staff members.
3) Supervise operations of all retail outlets, particularly in establishing and maintaining effective inventory control.
4) Assists with budgetary activity to include projections and recommendations concerning revenues and retail expenditures.
5) Assure that all the facilities, support facilities, and related equipment are maintained to the highest quality standards established by the agency.
6) Maintains a safe retail environment to ensure the safety of the park staff and the visitors.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within the Myrtle Beach State Park, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Myrtle Beach State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
4401 S Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29575
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.