ROI Medical Records Specialist
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 17, 2020
Organization: MRO Corporation
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Benefits: 401(k) Dental Insurance Health Insurance Paid Time Off Vision Insurance
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma/GED. Higher education preferred.
- Previous Release of Information in the Medical Record field required.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications. One or more years experience entering data into computer systems. Experience using the internet is required.
- Strong verbal communication skills; demonstrated success responding to customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated success working in an environment that requires attention to detail.
- Proven track record of dependability.
- Prior work experience in Release of Information is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations is preferred.
The ROI Medical Records Specialist is responsible for providing support at a specified client site for the Release of Information (ROI) requests for patient medical records.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to phone calls from medical and support personnel requesting medical records or patient identification to be read from the record.
- Log medical record requests into MRO database.
- Determine records to be released by reviewing requestor information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and obtaining pertinent patient data from various sources, including electronic, off-site, or physical records that match patient request. Scan medical records into MRO database.
- When required, respond to walk-in customers requesting ROI information and log information provided by customer into MRO database.
- If necessary, respond and process requests from physician offices on a priority basis and fax information to the physician office.
- Comply with site facility policies and regulations.
- At specified sites, responsible for handling and recording cash payments for requests.
- Escalate issues to manager that delay timely release of records.
Monday to Friday
1000 Madison Avenue
Norristown, PA 19403
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.