Social Media Intern
Date Posted: August 23, 2021
Deadline: November 8, 2021
Organization: Crawford Marketing & Advertising Agency
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time Part Time
Wages/Salary: Compensation/Credit We will work with colleges and universities to structure the internship to qualify for academic credit. If college credit is not received, then the intern will be compensated at $10/hour.
Experience with the following preferred, but not required
- Social Media Management platforms, such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite
- Simple graphic-creation tools like Canva and SparkPost
- Google Analytics
- Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn Ads Managers
Crawford has a robust internship program that offers the opportunity to gain hands-on, agency experience in Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations. Our internship program serves dual purposes. First, we hope to help the interns learn about the industry, and for them to gain knowledge of professional and life skills that are applicable in the real world. Second, Crawford’s internship program helps our team to build a pipeline of strong candidates for potential employment opportunities.
We are seeking public relations, account services, graphic, and social media interns to support our team. Applicants should have a positive attitude, as well as a strong sense of self-motivation with a desire to achieve and exceed expectations. Crawford’s core values are quality, responsibility, flexibility, respect, and attitude; which are essential to both the company’s and the applicant’s success.
QUALITY – Commitment to high standards and pride of ownership.
RESPONSIBILITY – Consistently reliable and accountable for work product.
FLEXIBILITY – Open to new things and ideas – adventurous.
RESPECT – Esteem and appreciation for each other, our clients, and our community.
ATTITUDE – Positive and supportive attitude.
- Majoring in marketing, public relations, communications, graphic design, or related field
- Strong academic credentials
- Detail-oriented with a high level of organization
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Strong work ethic and “can do” attitude
- High competency level of computer and software skills compatible with job responsibilities, especially proficient in Microsoft office tools and Outlook
- Ability to communicate to team members of all levels in the agency
- Ability to manage time efficiently while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment on multiple projects
- Adheres to Crawford’s Core Values: Respect, Responsibility, Attitude, Quality, and Flexibility
Internship Duties & Responsibilities
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
The social media intern will primarily work with the social media and content creation team to support their goal of crafting and posting copy for a wide range of clientele within brand standards, engaging with users via separate social media accounts, and reporting on campaign performance.
- Provide daily administrative, general office duties and on-site support for various client projects and events
- As requested, take minutes and notes at meetings
- Assist in social media management across all social media platforms, including content creation, page monitoring, and market research
- Engage with social communities
- Review social performance using analytics tools
- Serve as our go-to for creating in-the-moment content for agency platforms
- Research current social trends to ensure optimal campaign performance
- Collaborate with internal teams to highlight work and capabilities
Internships are offered year-round. The duration for internships that receive college credit is one semester. Other internships typically last 12 to 16 weeks, as mutually agreed upon. Hours per week are determined on a case-by-case basis. Internships will not exceed 40 hours per week. Internship program times typically run as follows:
Fall Internship: August/September through December | Deadline to apply: July 23
Spring Internship: January through April/May | Deadline to apply: November 8
201 W McBee Ave #150
Greenville, SC 29601
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.