Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: January 29, 2021
Organization: Colonial Pipeline
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
What You Bring to the Table:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) from an accredited educational institution; will consider a combination of experience and/or education.
- Ideally, 5 years of pipeline operations experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record to drive company and personal vehicles to perform required tasks.
- Ability to utilize effective leadership skills in guiding individuals/departments (subordinates, peers, superiors) or groups toward task accomplishment.
- Broad interpersonal skills with ability to adjust communication style and can influence up, down and across the organization.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Operator Qualification and Colonial’s processes.
- Commitment to consistently adhere to policies and procedures and be a positive example for others by demonstrating the Company’s core values of Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety, and Excellence in completing work assignments.
- Self-motivated, have a phenomenal work ethic and looking for the right company to support your growth.
Got Extra to Bring?
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Colonial operations experience or related industry experience; leadership/supervisory experience.
- Certifications/Licensures: Forklift training/licensing; Hazardous Waste Operations
About the Supervisor of Operations Position
An Operations Supervisor coordinates all activities within the Operating Area that result in the safe and effective operation of Colonial’s facilities and ensures the transportation and delivery of products to the satisfaction of Colonial’s customers. Your chief objective is to achieve safety, system integrity and Operational Excellence by leading and managing employee performance and behavior toward the application of organizational programs, policies, and plans. An Operations Supervisor provides support for local operations, product movement, projects, maintenance, budgets and other activities affecting local operations.
What You Get to Do:
- Build and foster a productive, team-oriented environment. Participate in hiring and onboarding of new team members. Communicate performance expectations.
- Provide continuous performance and coaching feedback through recognition and input to management for corrective actions.
- Lead, promote, and ensure development of employees to create a well-trained, effective and productive work team.
- Demonstrate leadership and influence across functions to drive continuous improvement, innovation, and organizational excellence.
- Coordinate and assign work schedules, time off, approvals, and daily responsibilities of Operators.
- Support the operations in local improvement initiatives and assist in operational tasks supporting team members as needed.
- Provide assistance in budgetary needs, including oversight of operational expenses to minimize cost and evaluate needs for the facility, develop estimates and submit proposals to local leadership.
- Ensure federal, state local and company regulatory compliance through internal audits by assigning and monitoring responsibilities, as appropriate, to operations personnel.
180 Keltner Ave
Spartanburg, SC 29302