Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 22, 2019
Organization: Riverbanks Zoo &amp; Garden
Location: Columbia Area
City: Columbia, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $47,235-$62,000/year (hiring range commensurate with experience)
Ambassador Commitment: Create meaningful connections and inspire actions that will have a lasting impact on conservation.
Responsibilities: Under general supervision, the Systems Analyst performs a wide range of technical duties in the development, implementation, and support of computer software, hardware, and networking. This position is responsible for implementing and supporting the operation of computer applications as well as low level database administration, and application performance tuning. The selected candidate will execute business analyst functions such as gathering and documenting business requirements and serving as the primary point of contact for the various applications used by the business units within the organization. The Systems Analyst will work with their IT teammates to push out updates and streamline internal processes. Communication skills will be key as the selected candidate will also routinely relay information to users, IT staff, and management groups. This role requires a strong problem solver who is not averse to learning new technologies and leveraging them to resolve a wide array of business needs. A few of the duties/roles the selected candidate will be responsible for or expected to grow into during their time in this position are as follows:
- Represents the IT Department with a positive attitude while working with fellow employees as well as Riverbanks Zoo & Garden guests.
- Ensures system requirements are being met (hardware needs, Operating Systems, and SQL Server versions) and conducts server level upgrades as needed.
- Maintains and develops complex configuration needs such as interface data mapping and automated system jobs.
- Serves as second tier support for networking and application issues.
- Designs enterprise wide system upgrade strategies and works with IT techs as they carry out the deployments.
- Optimizes reports, SQL scripts, and system queries.
- Plans out short term projects and works with the IT manager to assign resources.
- Fills in with desktop support duties by responding to basic support requests submitted through a ticket system.
- Documents solutions to common issues and trains designated personnel on carrying out the instructions.
- Logs application issues with the appropriate vendors and follows up on their status.
- Monitors database backups and carries out basic disaster recovery exercises.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field required with at least five years of experience in software support, report writing, and database administration; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and demonstrate confidentiality, attention to detail, and prompt follow-through. They will also be able to productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority and have a very high standard for service. Must possess or be eligible for a valid SC driver's license. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be willing to work on weekends on a rotating schedule and assist with off hour tasks and event coverage.