Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 30, 2020
Organization: Shepherd&#039;s Flock Childcare
- Minimum of 6 months of professional child care experience.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
Desired candidates shall possess the following qualities
- Highly attentive
- Dependable/ punctual
- Strong love of children
- Strong behavior management skills
- Abundant patience and compassion
The Teacher is responsible for developing an enhanced learning environment. They must coordinate Christian faith-based curriculum and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional/spiritual and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children and resolve parental concerns.
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional/spiritual growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.