Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 31, 2018
Organization: VANCREST ANIMAL HOSPITAL
Location: Columbia Area
City: west columbia
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: We offer a very competitive wage depending on experience. We are flexible when possible and offer generous employee pet discounts, paid vacation days, uniform allowance, CE allowance, simple IRA matching contribution, and vision and dental insurance. Please state your availability you currently have. We are looking to fill this position ASAP. If you are looking for a place where you are valued and important to the success of the practice, then look no further.
We are a full-service companion animal clinic located in the West Columbia area that offers everything from comprehensive exams, wellness care, all type of surgeries, dental cleanings, digital x-ray, hospitalization and boarding. This is a 2-doctor husband and wife team, which utilizes the staff to their fullest potential. Our staff exemplifies what a team should be, together everyone achieves more. Our clinic is known for its hospitality, cleanliness, client education, and excellent patient care. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7:30 am-6:00 pm and (2nd & 4th) Saturdays 8 am-12:00pm.
A Veterinary Technician purpose at Van Crest Animal Hospital is to provide compassionate quality care to patients and clients, ensuring every patient gets the benefits of the approved patient care, and by providing a comfortable patient environnent.
We have found individuals who excel at our practice possess these important character traits:
- Always be in position and ready to work promptly at the start of each scheduled shift
- Have attention to details
- An inner drive to learn and excel
- Willingness to follow established protocols and believe all pets deserve that type of care
- Have the ability and willingness to receive constructive criticism and change behavior
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to survive and thrive under stress
- Data entry and fast typing skills are a must
- Be helpful, friendly, courteous and kind to our clients and to each other
- Able to perform all technical tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Minimum technical skills to include: TPR’s, pet restrain, draw blood samples, set IV catheters, take x-rays, hook up IV fluids, run in-house lab tests, do routine ear flushing, anal glands expressions, nail trim and giving injections to name a few
Daily duties include but are not limited to: weighing pets, obtaining a thorough history, checking in surgical patients for routine care, surgeries or boarding, being able to effectively communicate the vaccine protocols, heartworm, flea prevention, and the benefits of spay/neutering. Other responsibilities would include assisting in the exam room and surgery room, daily cleaning, restocking, and answering phone.