Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 29, 2020
Organization: ACS Manufacturing
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Analyze blueprints, verify dimensions and build projects without direct supervision.
- Assure the accuracy of finished parts by comparing them to the main samples.
- Request Supervisor/QA verification of all dimensions prior to final welding out.
- Weld Carbon & Aluminum and all types of MIG Wire
- Weld parts in different directions in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead directions
- Perform proper fit-up and tack welding of structures
- Heat, form and cut metal pieces with the use of welding equipment, hand tools, plasma cutters torches, and drill holes; Abides by Tolerance: of - +1/8
- Set up and shut down welding equipment
- Arrange and verify the welding parts/material needed, as per blueprint, prior to assembly
- Assemble and tack-weld components with the use of appropriate equipment
- Use equipment such as a straightedge and rulers to arrange and tightens parts
- Utilize grinder, or other hand tools to prepare the finished product for paint (spatter removal)
- Insulate assembly as needed and fasten perforated metal as needed
- Maintain a smooth process of fitting, burning and welding to prevent problems with overheating, distorted parts, the expansion or shrinking parts
- Proficient in setting welding machine variable to include: * Drive roll tensions
- Gas flow on the regulator
- Volts for each metal thickness
- Wire feed speed
- Practice good welding habits including startup and shut down of welding machines
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrates good listening skills
- General cleaning in the area
- Obey the safety standards of ACS and follow local, state, and federal regulations
- Responsible for any other tasks that may arise
Work Environmental & Physical Demand:
- May stand for long periods of up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively, as well as frequent twisting and bending, to meet fast paced work demands
- Work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights and extreme temperatures. May work inside or outside to complete work assignments. Position requires exposure to dust and dirt.
- Follow safety standards in working with multiple services, tools and equipment.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a shop/production environment
- Must have 1 to 3 years welding related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by employer
- Must be able to read tape measure, use tools such as grinders, drills and screw guns
- Must be able to read blue prints
- Must pass a drug screen and background check for employment
Company Description: ACS Manufacturing is a state-of-the-art design build manufacturer of acoustical equipment enclosures, fuel tanks, turbine systems and skids. We have one of the largest facilities in the industry, nearly 300,000 square feet on 36 acres in Denison, Texas and has expanded its operation to 150,000 square feet facility in Abbeville, SC.
Job Summary: The Welder performs welding tasks and is responsible for reading new project blue prints, laying out welding projects from start to finish. Position includes fitting, welding and requesting supervisor input as needed. The welder is expected to expand their welding knowledge and skills over time
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Friday: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Saturday: 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
1439 Cambridge St Ext
Abbeville, SC 29620
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.