Welder - 2nd Shift
Date Posted: October 8, 2021
Deadline: November 9, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: This position starts out at $19.83/hour with an additional $1.00/hour for a shift premium. *This position is offering a sign-on bonus of $1,000*, less applicable withholding.* *Bonus terms: • Bonuses are being offered for a limited time only. • Bonuses are only applicable to specific job types and shifts; additional terms and conditions may apply. • Associates must be employed at the time of the payout. • Bonuses will be payable in two installments: $250, less applicable withholding will be paid after 30 days of employment and the remaining $750, less applicable withholding will be paid after six (6) months of employment.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
Must have a welding certification in MIG or Basic Welding (i.e. Piedmont Technical College Basic Welding Certificate)
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience in sheet metal fabrication including experience with standard punch and bend tooling and processes.
- Previous experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, and/or operating instructions.
- Previous experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers)
- Previous experience with ERP systems including DMM and AS-400.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persuasive skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
In the Production Associate Welder role, you will set-up and perform metal joining and cutting operations, with ferrous and nonferrous metals such as (steel, aluminum, and cast metals), with or without fixtures, using a variety of welding equipment.
In this function you will:
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate concerns appropriately.
- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral or written instructions or prototypes.
- Weld parts using proper machine settings and rod or wire and gas selections as well as fabricate fixtures to aid in the welding process.
- Manually locate details on complex assemblies in welding sequence for a variety of non-repetitive structural assembly fabrication, with or without fixtures.
- Be responsible for quality, including measuring finished parts with tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections of material, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.