Wire Prep Operator
Date Posted: September 13, 2021
Deadline: October 29, 2021
Organization: VANSCO INC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Education and Training:
A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience and Ability:
1 - 3 years of related experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to read diagrams and manufacturing prints and documents.
Ability to write routine reports.
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
Ability to perform basic math skills using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems where limited standardization may exist.
Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Ability to meet specific vison requirements including close vision and color vision.
- Working Conditions/Environment:
Work is required in an environmentally controlled area.
Noise level is usually low to moderate.
May be required to stand or sit for prolonged lengths of time.
Must be able to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, climb and crouch.
Individual will complete all tasks related to the production of parts or sub-assemblies supporting other production areas. Tasks will include the set-up and operation of various types of machinery or equipment utilized in the production process.
- Responsibilities include:
- Follow all procedures and guidelines to comply with established safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Read and interpret parts requirements from work instructions, manuals, sketches, and/or prints.
- Set up and operate machinery used in the manufacture of parts or sub-assemblies.
- Adjust machines as needed for changeovers, different functions, or other needs of production.
- Load and unload material into machine.
- Evaluate finished product for adherence to quality requirements visually or by utilizing required devices.
- Utilize power and/or hand tools in the production of products as required.
- Evaluate the condition of equipment/tools to assure in proper working condition prior to use. Complete periodic preventive maintenance on equipment as assigned. Report any equipment issues to Lead person or Operations Manager.
- Complete and/or maintain productions and inventory control records as required.
- Clean equipment and work area at the end of each job or work day.
- Adhere to all company rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead person or Operations Manager.
- Report all instances of non-conformance or concerns with safety and quality standards to Lead person or Operations Manager.
- Consult Lead person or Operations Manager with any questions regarding production requirements.
2432-D, Hwy 72-221 E
GREENWOOD, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.