Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 16, 2020
Organization: Wesley Commons
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Benefits: 401(k) 401(k) matching Dental insurance Disability insurance Employee assistance program Employee discount Health insurance Life insurance Paid time off Referral program Retirement plan Tuition reimbursement Vision insurance
- CPR certification and First Aid will be required and expected to be maintained.
- Special assignments as required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Must be highly motivated, energetic and flexible.
- Creativity is required in order to assist in the planning, developing, implementing, interpreting and execution of activities and events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other team members.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of the internet and Microsoft Office Suite programs or related software.
- Two years’ experience in a social or recreation program in a health care setting or a two-year degree with an emphasis in a health care preferred.
- Required to have a valid SC drivers’ license and CPR certification.
- Experience in leading adult craft and painting classes, line dancing, and/or event management for events up to 300 people is preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking or talking when conducting activities.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organizations facilities.
- Driver's License (Required)
- CPR (Preferred)
Position Summary: The Activity Assistant is responsible for the execution of activities, assisting with the wellness programs and residential services for Independent Living residents.
- Perform general clerical functions for Activities such as typing, filing and copying.
- Performs customer service functions by answering resident requests and questions promptly.
- Responsible for providing innovative activity suggestions to the IL Activities Coordinator monthly.
- Assist in planning the monthly activity calendar for Independent Living.
- Assist in researching activities for the Independent Living via the Internet.
- Responsible for taking pictures of events to use in the Wesley Window and social media publications by the Campus Communications Manager.
- Transport residents to scheduled outings using company vehicle.
- Create the transportation schedule one month in advance to ensure transportation is available for the time and day of planned activity.
- Responsible for activity set-up and assisting with wellness and other campus program set-ups on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for creating BEO’s for special events and submitting them to Culinary on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Responsible for facilitating special activities such as Breakfast Club, concerts, holiday events, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating trips including research, sign-ups and advertising for various trips and activities.
- Assist with routine activities such as Bingo, movies, cards, shopping trips, etc.
- Run miscellaneous errands for Independent Living such as, picking up supplies for activities.
- Have availability to travel out of town or work irregular hours as deemed necessary to include, but not limited to Saturday and Sunday activities.
- Demonstrate professional and courteous conduct with all guests, residents, visitors and staff.
- Provide protection to residents in inclement weather as needed.
- Adhere to all HIPAA guidelines.
1110 Marshall Road
Greenwood, SC 29646
1110 Marshall Rd
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.