Administrative Assistant for Career, Professional Development, and Residence Life
Date Posted: June 16, 2022
Deadline: July 16, 2022
Organization: Presbyterian College
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Google products; proficiency in database management and Canva is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated professionalism; excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to interact with students, faculty, staff, employers, and family members or guardians of students.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of general office procedures.
- Working knowledge of database software; familiarity with Banner preferred.
- Positive, proactive, able to build effective relationships with students and colleagues.
- Understands the importance of community and cross-campus collaboration.
- Passionate about, and enjoys working with traditional age college students and their unique adult/adolescent life transition.
Office of Residence Life and Career & Professional Development located in Laurens Hall, second floor. The Administrative Assistant position reports directly to the Director of Residence Life and to the Associate Dean of Students/Director of Career & Professional Development. This position requires regular interaction with students, faculty, staff, and others. Generally, this position serves in the Residence Life role in the mornings and Career & Professional Development in the afternoons during the regular work week.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Residence Life Primary Responsibilities:
The position is primarily responsible for maintaining information about residential students including room assignments and meal plan applications/contracts, tracking student conduct sanction completion, and requires daily interaction with the Banner system. The position supports the Director and two Assistant Directors of Residence Life by providing assistance with administrative operations and provides clerical, customer service, and computer support for the office in general, including word processing, reception, and generating reports and rosters.
- Provides general customer service for the Office of Residence Life: answering questions, making referrals, providing office forms, collecting information, and answering the phone.
- Assists in the coordination of student assignments to residence hall buildings and rooms based on deposit date, designated preferences, and roommate requests.
- Maintains and monitors student related information in Banner including building assignments, room assignments, room changes, meal plan information, telephone numbers, etc…
- Maintains and updates files including: applications/contracts, student files relating to student conduct issues, student staff personnel files, etc.
- Assists in the management of student related invoicing, including billing (lost keys, fines, early checkouts), end of semester individual and community billing, and billing appeals.
- Help track conduct sanctions, roommate conflicts, and hall programming budget requests (petty cash and reimbursements).
- Help coordinate the administrative portions of student move-in and move-out, including tracking and filing of room condition reports, key receipts, etc.
- Prepare and distribute housing rosters, occupancy, and meal plan reports as requested.
- Help coordinate early and late resident arrivals.
- Process mid-semester and mid-year withdrawals in conjunction with the Registrar’s Office and the Retention Committee.
- Assist the Director and Assistant Directors by scheduling student meetings, handling correspondence, handling routine assignments, and assisting with the daily operation of the Office of Residence Life.
- Assist in the coordination of special events as they relate to Residence Life and Campus Life
- Maintain files classified by subject; perform miscellaneous clerical work as required. Coordinate the ordering and delivery of office supplies.
- Receive and distribute incoming office mail, memoranda, packages, etc. to appropriate individuals.
- Assist with paperwork relating to student workers. Ensure that all part-time student employees within the department have completed federal and college employment forms before being granted work hours. Track all work-study funds for the department and assist the staff with student payroll when necessary.
- Career and Professional Development Primary Responsibilities:
- Greet incoming visitors daily and refer to appropriate staff for either department
- Monitor CPD office email inbox daily and respond or refer to appropriate CPD staff
- Monitor CPD mailbox daily and distribute to CPC staff
- Code purchasing card receipts and submit for approval monthly
- Monitor Handshake(career management system) daily and approve pending employers, job postings, and career events. Bulk upload current students every semester (run Argos/Bannerweb reports). Update Events to post CPD programming.
- Facilitate internship paperwork for new hires at healthcare sites every semester.
- Maintain spreadsheets to track interns and sites every semester.
- Order supplies and other items for CPD staff.
- Use Canva to produce marketing materials to promote events and programming.
- Submit project requests to Marketing/Communications to update CPD website and submit notices for weekly email announcements.
- Support social media efforts and messaging (Instagram, Facebook).
- Disseminate marketing fliers to campus bulletin boards.
- First Destination Survey and Report:
- Create annual First Destination survey and publish link on CPD website.
- Collect post-graduation data from recent graduates via telephone calls, emails, and tracking social media.
- Compile data and submit raw data for final report.
- Career Events:
- Coordinate event logistics including space reservations and catering orders for CPD staff.
- Organize annual summer camp job fair (spring semester)
- Tartan Threads:
- Maintain inventory and space.
- Assist with donation solicitation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
503 S Broad St
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.