Date Posted: May 19, 2022
Deadline: May 26, 2022
Organization: Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
An Associates degree or two years of related administrative experience. Ability to communicate with both executive personnel and the general public..
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds. Computer skills and basic competency with Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint. Position requires the ability to display maturity and sound judgment in providing responses and disseminating information. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
The Sales and Marketing Office is dedicated to helping achieve SCPRT’s overarching goal of putting heads in beds, feet on fairways and people in parks. The office manages the state’s tourism brand identity and effectively delivers its key marketing message – There’s always something new to DISCOVER in South Carolina – through direct marketing programming and by providing opportunities that help tourism partners deliver their respective marketing messages to targeted audiences.
Job Purpose and Duties:
To perform a broad range of administrative support functions for the Sales and Marketing Office and provides general support to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
1) As part of the SCPRT administrative team, answer agency telephones Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and serve as first point of contact in the Sales and Marketing Office for walk-in visitors from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
2) Collects and distributes mail and packages in a timely manner during business hours. Opens and sorts Office Director's mail. Coordinates back-up coverage during planned absences. Operates mail machine for large mailings. Ships materials as needed. Manages sign and banner inventory and checking them out for partner use.
3) Manage the BBQ Map and Satisfy Your Thirst brochure updates and data sets.
4) TEAM WORK: Practice and promote teamwork within the Sales & Marketing Office, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders.
5) Assist with routine procurements and reconciliations, manages credit card purchases and monthly reporting, and serves as Travel Coordinator for Sales and Marketing Office. Procure and manage promotional items inventory. Manage key office processes including vehicle fleet management,
6) Provide administrative support to office director and other staff as needed.
7) Monitor, respond to and/or direct web inquiries as appropriate and manage the student-inquires by providing appropriate fulfilment and information.
8) Procure promotional items and merchandise for special projects and departmental needs.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.