Assistant Greens Superintendent
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: March 5, 2021
Organization: Hickory Knobb State Park
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum and Additional Requirements
An Associate Degree in Turf Management or a related field and one (1) year of experience in golf course maintenance. Some supervisory experience preferred.
1) Position requires medium to heavy lifting, bending, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other materials used in maintaining park facilities and grounds. Works with office equipment such as computer, calculators, etc.
Position requires flexible work schedule to include weekends and holidays.
2) Employee will be lifting lightweight to moderately heavy pieces of equipment, and working with chemicals, herbicides, and pesticides. Operate and work with equipment related to golf course operations.
3) Possess a valid state-issued Drivers License.
Current and valid SC Pesticide Applicator's License preferred.
Assists the Greens Superintendent in the maintenance and upkeep of an eighteen-hole golf course, related facilities and equipment to include planting, fertilizing, topdressing, and applying pesticides, herbicides and fungicides on greens, tees, and fairways.
1) Supervise assigned supplemental groundskeepers and volunteers.
2) Assists Greens Superintendent in the development and maintenance of a golf course and related facilities and equipment.
3) Assists in the installation, operation and maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems for the golf course.
4) Directs the maintenance of the golf course in the absence of the Greens Superintendent.
5) Assists in the training of new employees, including volunteer staff, in maintaining a golf course.
6) Assist with park maintenance duties when required for emergencies and special events.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Housing not provided.
1591 Resort Dr
McCormick, SC 29835
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.