Biomedical Technician Apprentice
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 31, 2019
City: Spartanburg, Greenville &amp; Columbia
Website: View Website
• Recent graduate or current student of no more than 6 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology or Mechanical Principles degree program or equivalent DOD military education.
• Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
• Previous exposure to troubleshooting equipment and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment following current standards, code and
procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history and education.
• Willing to take a drug test.
• Authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• Must comply with vendor credentialing requirements
• Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
• Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations.
• Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
• Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation, as guided.
• Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. As instructed, implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
• May assist more experienced technicians on progressive repairs and resolution. Work as a member of local team
to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor's service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
• Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment formal instruction.
• Meet Health and Human Services, as well as Environment Health and Safety requirements