Communications and Membership Coordinator
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 1, 2019
Organization: The South Carolina Association for Community Economic Development
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary range for this 40 hr/week position is $30,000 - $40,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits including health care coverage (vision and dental included), paid holidays and accrual of paid time off (PTO), mileage reimbursement for statewide travel (or vehicle rental) and office building parking.
Position requires proficiency with Microsoft office tools (MS Excel, MS Word & PowerPoint), Social Media tools, and a solid understanding of webpage functionality and management (Square Space). Ideal candidate has experience using Adobe Suite, excellent writing skills, and a high level of initiative. Candidate will also demonstrate creativity and ability to develop innovative, compelling and concise communication. Experience in design would be helpful but not necessary.
Qualifications also include verifiable skills in communications, marketing and membership management. Minimum of 3 years in communications, public relations or equivalent experience. Qualified candidates will have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ideal applicants will have the ability to work independently and as a team member. Must possess strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as an attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines is required. Also essential is a high level of individual initiative and creativity, and experience working with diverse populations. This position will be obligated to periodic statewide travel. Must have own car and proof of valid driver’s license and insurance.
The Communications and Membership Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and monitoring SCACEDs strategic communications. This work includes communicating with members, media relations, public awareness, imaging and the development of effective messaging of SCACED and the diverse sectors of the community economic development industry. Additionally, the Coordinator is responsible for member relations, including outreach, recruitment, retention and implementation of plans designed to cultivate, maintain, and strengthen member ties to each other and to SCACED.
COMMUNICATIONS (60%): Responsible for internal and external communication strategies, media relations, social media presence and the development of communications collateral.
Communication with members:
- Develop and implement overall membership communications strategy.
- Create framework/talking points for sectors of members to show value of SCACED to their sector
- Support organizational communications with written information for newsletters, annual reports, website, social media, etc.
- Promote member programs’ innovative and best practices.
- Provide technical assistance to member programs on public relations, communications, media advocacy and media relations. Facilitate statewide and local approaches to communications by working with the member organizations.
- Manage the structure and content of SCACED website; Develop and execute all communications on SCACED website and social media outlets. Expand SCACED’s social media presence through existing and new social media outlets.
- Manage the overhaul of the Rural Resource Coalition website and then maintain content on the new site.
- Analyze data pertaining to website and social media use and effectiveness as related to fundraising and awareness activities to facilitate increase in clicks and use.
- Produce the SCACED weekly e-newsletter, RRC monthly e-newsletter, SCACED annual report, and other special reports as needed.
- Lead team member for Annual Conference marketing.
Communication with public: Develop, implement and monitor communications’ initiatives that further SCACED’s strategic goals. Assist the organization with the development and implementation of a communication plan that furthers accomplishes SCACED’s strategic plan and increases public awareness of SCACED, member programs, and the Community Economic Development Industry in South Carolina.
- Develop, direct and coordinate SCACED awareness campaigns and internet marketing programs.
- Produce and distribute public awareness materials for use by member programs and the public.
- Create communications and media materials and archive.
- Direct and oversee media relations for SCACED
- Support SCACED in management of all media inquiries.
- Serve as a SCACED point of contact for media, including initiating and responding to media contacts, following up with, building rapport with and providing relevant information to media.
- With the SCACED President & CEO determine SCACED’s response to media inquiries and initiation of public statements
- Write and disseminate news releases as requested.
- Serve as point of contact for member organizations to respond to and initiate media activities.
- Work in conjunction with Program Associate and President & CEO on legislative and public policy issues as necessary.
MEMBER RELATIONS (40%):
Working with SCACED VP of Operations and staff, to manage recruitment and retention of SCACED members. Communicate with members, non-members and others in a relationship building role.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a plan for identifying membership needs for support and service by SCACED, including needs assessments, site visits, and surveys.
- Assist in the general planning and implementation of member benefits designed to cultivate, maintain, and strengthen member ties to each other and to SCACED.
- Participate in promotion of membership, member benefits and programs and services.
- Solicit new and renewing membership.
- Provide a high level of service including building strong relationships with members.
- Responds to inquiries and requests from members.
- Develops, implements, and reports on membership engagement to uncover gaps in offerings, identify trends and make recommendations for programs and services for members.
- Assist SCACED in engaging in effective collaborative relationships with members.
- Responsible for timely entry and acknowledgement of all memberships.
- Work with VP of Operations to ensure timely completion of administrative tasks related to membership and payment processing, coordination of membership renewals, production of membership reports, updating membership data on website and in other functional systems.
- Assist VP of Operations in database tool selection and implementation.
- Write and update membership communications.
- Serve as staff member to the Membership Committee of the Board of Directors.
(include Communications and Membership Coordinator in your subject line)
PO Box 20577
Charleston, SC 29413