Continuous Improvement Technician
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Organization: Eaton LVB
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Two year technical degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering Technology or Computer Engineering
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Greenwood, SC will be considered
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Creative and have organizational ability to effectively manage technical design projects and lower level engineering or other personnel.
- Ability to originate, plan, direct, and implement programs having only general objectives and often having no previous engineering solutions for technical guidance.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite at an intermediate level to complete daily work tasks.
- Knowledge and/or experience leading projects, conducting analysis for root cause identification, and understanding how to identify problems and reach resolutions is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Eaton Low Voltage Busway Group located in Greenwood, SC has an opening for an Continuous Improvement Technician.
Provide a broad range of seasoned, continuous improvement support to manufacturing operations and plant facility maintenance; lead continuous improvement projects and project teams with responsibility of improving flow and reducing operating costs, through use of continuous improvement building blocks. Provide other coordination and technical guidance to production personnel as appropriate.
- Lead continuous improvement projects by utilizing ELSS, EQS and MESH tools to improve productivity, quality and safety.
- Specify, design, quote, install, and debug equipment to improve manufacturing processes.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement framework, concepts, and product capabilities in assigned manufacturing areas.
- Specify, design, quote, order, oversee installation, and debug equipment for use in manufacturing.
- Develop and implement improvements to manufacturing and business processes; develop and implement improvements through improved layouts and material handling procedures.
- Assist hourly personnel and supervisors in their efforts to improve their operations.
- Use SPC and other techniques to improve product quality and to troubleshoot equipment; oversee repairs or modifications as required.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee changes and upgrades to the manufacturing facility.
- Train hourly operators in the use of continuous improvement concepts.
- Develop and implement safety, health, ergonomics, and environmental improvements within the manufacturing facility.
- Serve on special committees and manufacturing area teams to help improve the plant operation and work environment to meet strategic goals and objectives.
Mon - Fri