Die Cutter Helper
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 1, 2020
Organization: International Paper
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
The qualifications for Die Cutter Helpers are the ability to perform the duties / responsibilities of the job with or without accommodation; the ability to read, write, and speak English; the ability to accurately read a measuring tape and ruler; the ability to use basic shop math; the ability to learn; and the ability to follow instructions, ask questions, and work effectively as a member of a team.
Converting supervisors evaluate Die Cutter Helper qualifications.
Die Cutter Helper assists the Operator and Assistant with set ups, running, and cleaning up the printing converting equipment in a box manufacturing facility.
Die Cutter Helper reports to the Converting Supervisor for the shift to which they are assigned.
Primary duties / responsibilities include:
- following all safety rules and practices;
- learn customer requirements and specifications by reading factory work orders, print cards, and design specifications;
- put bundles coming off of conveyer into a stacking pattern/unitizing to go to shipping for shipment.
- coordinating activities with other machine crew members to efficiently set up and run orders;
- maintaining quality and production standards as required by the company;
- help perform set up functions with operator and assistant operator; such as removing and attaching cutting dies, zeroing and opening / closing the machine, raising, autosetting, and lowering the prefeeder, setting the stacker portion of the machine, recovering ink and washing ink filters, installing inks, cleaning, setting, and completing paperwork
- continually monitoring the quality and quantity of production;
- using available time to prepare for set ups and runs
- performing assigned clean up functions, such as blowing down the machine, wiping off shafts, cleaning ink systems, vacuuming and sweeping the machine area, and picking up and cleaning up work area;
- performing quality inspections and tests, and recording findings;
- following prescribed practices in all circumstances; and
- performing other duties as assigned by supervision.
129 Zenker Rd
Lexington, SC 29072
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.