Direct Support Professional
Date Posted: January 5, 2022
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Organization: Anderson County Disabilities and Special Needs Board
City: Honea Path
Website: View Website
Direct Support Professional
- Provides emotionally responsible care giving.
- Provides support based upon personal outcomes.
- Model companionship and treats those served with dignity, respect, and equality.
- Implements active treatment based upon habilitation plans, schedules, assessments, or other documentation.
- Maintains health, safety, and accountability of persons served at all times.
- Assist program participants with daily living, work, socialization and other related training areas.
- Prepares medication for consumers: checks blood sugar, blood pressure, and contacts nurse if needed.
- Assists or trains program participants with meal preparation as needed or directed.
- Transports program participants by vehicle or other means to community locations as directed.
- May include lifting individual in and out of wheelchair, bath tub, etc.
- Assists passengers with loading and unloading as needed or directed.
- Participants in habilitation plan development as needed or directed.
- Prepares training material and training environment as needed to implement training objectives.
- Assist in behavioral management training as needed.
- Assist persons served with personal hygiene needs as may be required.
- Assists or performs facility maintenance tasks as directed.
- Maintains compliance with Board policy and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate documentation as directed, including electronic documentation.
- Performs administrative functions as requested.
- Assists or completes household tasks as designated (e.g., cleaning, washing, etc.)
- Works at other residential facilities as necessary.
- Works other shifts as necessary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High School Diploma or GED.
Valid SC driver license with good driving record.
Ability to interact effectively with others.
Good initiative, motivation, organization skills, written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to use technology, including electronic documentation.
Ability to relate effectively with persons served and their families.
Ability to work under supervision, and able to work at different facilities.
Ability to work flexible hours, varying shifts, and overtime.
Physical abilities required include: Climbing, repetitive motion, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, and hearing, visual acuity, speaking, writing, reading, kneeling, reaching, turning and bending. These employees may be subject to verbal, physical or emotional assault by persons served and may be required to wear protective clothing. As a requirement of continued employment, these employees must be able to attend and complete in-service training as dictated by state, federal and Board regulation.
COMPENSATION – Hourly, non-exempt from over time.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP - Reports to CTH supervisor.
214 McGee Rd
Anderson, SC 29625
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.