Date Posted: September 14, 2021
Deadline: November 30, 2021
Organization: Engineered Products Pallet Rack
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time Part Time
Wages/Salary: Full Time: 35K-45K depending on experience Part Time or Internship: $15-18/hr depending on experience
- Utilize AutoCAD to create proposal drawings and to update manufacturing drawings.
- Create proposal drawings for estimating
- Update manufacturing drawings based on designer redlines
- Read 2D drawings
- Review and understand internal engineering standards.
- Organize drawing files to provide support in final design and the creation of estimates.
- Follow Document Control best practices and organize drawing filesWork with designer to learn design requirements and provide support as needed
- Adhere to the standard styles and tools to maintain consistent, quality drawings
- Incorporate as-builts into existing drawings
- Prioritize time to read drawings and manage other tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Use our ERP system (Jobscope) to support in the creation of production releases.
- Update work orders at the direction of the designer
- Collate work orders, scan to proper location and submit for fabrication
- Learn and use ERP system (Jobscope)
- Learn industry and EP product standards and terminology.
- Be curious and ask questions
- Learn terminology and different types of rack systems
- Learn and reference Standards book
- Spend time in manufacturing to learn the processes
6.) Other Duties as assigned.
Storage Racking Drafter
If you are a person who:
- Builds internal relationships
- Is optimistic
- Works proactively so that you can thrive
- Has a sense of urgency
- Is curious
- Enjoys teaching other people
- Enjoys a fluid work flow
- Practices accountability
…Then the Engineered Products culture might be the right one for you.
The role of the Drafter is to execute support functions for the estimating and design department through collaboration with project estimators and designers. The Drafter works in four distinct phases of our business cycle – Initiation, Monitoring and Controlling, Final Design and Closing. During the Initiation phase, the Drafter creates proposal drawings for estimation. During the Monitoring and Controlling phase, the Drafter organizes drawing and project folders and assists with incorporating document control best practices. During the final design phase, the Drafter works with direction from the Designers to update red lines in manufacturing drawings, paper space and work orders necessary to fabricate the system and submits work order packages to manufacturing. During the closing phase, the Drafter incorporates as-builts.
Skills necessary for the job
- Competent in 2D AutoCAD
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent math skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to think like an engineer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Work Skills & Knowledge
Previous experience in a technical or engineering field; Experience and/or formal training with 2D AutoCAD; Knowledge of document control best practices; Basic Knowledge of Inventor 3D is a plus
Working towards a Technical or Engineering Degree
Engineered Products, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Part Time: 20-25 hrs/week anytime between 7:30am - 4:00pm
Panel Interview - On-site or Virtual
Job Application, Team Assessment
204 Old Piedmont Hwy
Greenville, SC 29609
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.