Educator – Programs (Schools and Outreach)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 11, 2017
Organization: Riverbanks Zoo &amp; Garden
Location: Columbia Area
City: Columbia, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Education and Experience: Must be enrolled in or be a graduate of a Bachelors program in Education or Science related field with some teaching experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities. Must have a strong base knowledge of science as it relates to animals and plants. Must be comfortable handling animals (small mammals, reptiles, and birds) and animal artifacts. Must be CPR/First Aid certified. Must demonstrate enthusiasm and a commitment to high quality programming and care of our guests.
- Facilitate and develop education programs for groups of various ages, toddlers through senior citizens, both onsite and offsite.
- Manage groups while leading them through engaging educational programming.
- Implement lessons and programs that are written in accordance to Riverbanks and South Carolina education standards.
- Assist with and develop programs to help scout troops reach badge requirements.
- Provide excellent guest service to school teachers, chaperones, parents, families, scout leaders, seniors, and the general public.
- Conduct program evaluations and respond to feedback.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work under the direction of the Coordinator of Outreach and School Programs.