Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 20, 2018
Organization: AMPS - SC, Inc.
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $13.00/Hr - $18.00/Hr
AMPS – SC, Inc.: POSITION DESCRIPTION Updated: 03.14.18
JOB TITLE: Electrician 1 Classification: Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Production Salary Grade:
Position Reports To: Area Lead
Direct Reports: None
Individual will install and maintain electrical power, communications, lighting, and control systems and/or devices.
- Responsibilities include:
- Follow all procedures and guidelines to comply with established safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
- Inspect and install electrical components such as, but not limited to, lighting, circuit breakers, receptacles, load centers, transformers, and heaters, including forming and installation of conduit.
- Identify electrical problems utilizing a variety of testing devices.
- Evaluate completed projects for adherence to quality requirements visually or by utilizing required devices.
- Utilize power and/or hand tools in the completion of assigned projects. Must provide own tools.
- Evaluate condition of equipment/tools to assure in proper working condition prior to use. Complete periodic preventive maintenance on equipment as assigned. Report any equipment issues to Area Lead.
- Complete and/or maintain productions and material usage records as required.
- Clean equipment and work area at the end of each job or work day.
- Adhere to all company rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Area Lead.
- Report all instances of non-conformance or concerns with safety and quality standards to Area Lead.
- Consult Area Lead with any questions regarding production requirements.
- Performance Evaluation Metrics
- Quality and output of production.
- Adherence to safety/environmental procedures
- Attendance and following work assignments.
- Education and Training:
A High School diploma or equivalent. Post High School technical certification from an accredited college or technical school preferred. Exceptions may be given for experience.
- Experience and Ability:
1 - 3 years of related experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, installation manuals, and procedure manuals.
Ability to read diagrams and manufacturing prints.
Ability to write routine reports.
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
Ability to perform basic math skills using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
Ability to solve practical problems where limited standardization may exist.
Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Ability to meet specific vison requirements including close vision and color vision.
- Working Conditions/Environment:
Work is required in a limited environmentally controlled area as well as outside of facility.
Noise level is usually moderate to high.
May be required to stand or sit for prolonged lengths of time.
Must be able to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, climb and crouch.
Limited travel, normally less than 10%.
See job description posted to "Requirements"