Emergency Medical Technicians- Full Time
Date Posted: July 14, 2021
Deadline: August 13, 2021
Organization: Thorne Ambulance Service
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of higher
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED (degree preferred)
- Prefer one (1) year of experience as an EMT or first responder
- Must have and maintain certification as a State & Nationally Registered EMT for duration of assignment.
- Must maintain: CPR for Healthcare Providers and obtain NIMS 100, 200, 700 & 800 within six (6) months of employment.
- Preferred Qualifications: Basic Life Support Instructor (AHA or ASHI)
- Ability to operate communications and patient care reporting equipment/software.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, move 150lbs independently (300lbs with a partner)
- Be able and willing to be seated, standing, walking, etc. for long periods of time
- Have the ability to work in extreme temperatures based on environmental conditions.
- Have the ability to successful mitigate stressful situations with co-workers, other healthcare providers, patients, and the public.
- Flexibility to respond to emergency and non-emergency requests for service at any given moment while on shift.
The EMT is responsible for the oversight of all operations associated with their assigned unit for the duration of their shift. This includes communications with dispatch, hospitals, etc. In addition, the EMT will be required to respond to various requests for service, and to provide Basic Life Support (BLS) response as requested by Thorne Ambulance communications. All responses and patient contacts will require the efficient and timely completion of patient care reports via an electronic submission method. Other duties may be assigned as availability allows.
- Work as a team to successfully oversee a single ambulance operation.
- Response to and completion of requests for service in accordance with organizational policy, industry standards, and scope of practice
- Completion of patient care reports
- Direct patient care including Basic Life Support (BLS), and calling upon Advanced Life Support (ALS) for back-up as patient condition requires.
- Completion of daily unit check sheets and assurance that equipment is on-board and in working order/of required quantities
- Maintenance of quarters and units in accordance with organizational policy
- Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates are to submit a resume to the attention of Administrative Manager.
301 Halton Rd Suite H
Greenville, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.