Date Posted: May 11, 2021
Deadline: June 11, 2021
Organization: Laurens County Disabilities & Special Needs Board
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: $35,942.40 annually
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree/ associates degree in Human Services or Business and 1 year experience in supervision or marketing or High School diploma and 3 years’ experience in supervision or marketing.
Through relationships with Community employers, the Employment Specialist will create work opportunities in the community for people supported by the Agency in areas of their interest and experience. In addition, this position will also:
- Assist participants with access to benefit counseling to make good decisions about employment opportunities.
- Conduct employer contacts weekly to learn about the needs of businesses, describe supports offered by our program and possible participants to fill any available position.
- Provide education and support to community partners which may include accommodations, additional training and follow along supports by the agency to assure the placement is successful.
- Provide timely follow up with community partners, participants, and their representatives.
- Provide training in job skills for those that have expressed a desire to work but need additional work skills in order to be ready for community employment.
- Oversee/Coordinate the transportation of the community participants to assure they have adequate transportation for community employment.
- Will supervise job coaches and transporters
- Be responsible for paperwork associated with the Employment Program.
364 Evergreen Skills Rd
Laurens, SC 29360
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.