Engineering Department Assistant
Date Posted: July 7, 2022
Deadline: August 7, 2022
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary is negotiable based on experience. Metro offers a competitive benefits package including SC Retirement and comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance. No relocation assistance is provided. A background check and drug screening are a condition of employment. Metro also conducts random drug screening during employment.
- High school diploma. An associate’s degree is preferred.
- Two (2) years of administrative experience in an office environment.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work well with others and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates strong organization skills (record keeping, time management, follow up, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and sense of urgency, ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work.
- Ability to research, using the internet, and ability to read maps.
- Experience knowledge of Microsoft products and document management software.
- Experience knowledge of asset management system (Cityworks), GIS, and Crystal Reports is preferred, but not required.
MetroConnects (Metro) is a special purpose district, governed by a seven-member Commission that operates and maintains 1,400 miles of sanitary sewer mains within Greenville County, South Carolina. Metro is seeking a successful candidate to fill the available full-time Engineering Department Assistant position.
The Department Assistant position is responsible for providing the engineering staff with clerical and administrative support for all engineering operations by applying established organization practices and procedures. This position reports to the Engineering Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates activities and provides administrative support for the department, which requires an understanding of complex processes, data, and operations of the department.
- Performs general administrative/clerical work as required, including but not limited to, typing forms, records, and reports; data entry; copying and filing documents; communicating with field personnel; compiling information for specific work orders/projects as requested, faxing/mailing information, etc.
- Schedules and assists with department meetings, meeting minutes, presentations, and special events.
- Provides detailed responses to requests for information, reviews, and updates on engineering procedures.
- Maintains files on all necessary reports and documents.
- Communicates and interacts with various individuals and groups such as customers, managers, local agencies, other departmental personnel, other districts, etc.
- Coordinates work with other departments as needed to provide smooth workflow and exchange of information.
- Answers all calls coming into the department.
- Processes various customer complaints and questions.
- Receives inquiries from the public by letter, phone and in person, and furnishes information or directs inquiries to the proper source.
- Receives and files invoices in the document management system for approval.
- Maintain budget tracking for invoice reconciliations.
120 Augusta Arbor Way
Anderson, SC 29605
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.