Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 27, 2020
Organization: SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $75,000- $82,500 annally
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited university. Four years of relevant design experience in civil, structural or environmental engineering.
- Position requires extensive driving and travel, with some overnight stays. Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven terrain. Working conditions are often outdoors, continuing during hot, cold and inclement weather, and sometimes exposing employee to adverse conditions.
- Must be able to supervise subordinate engineers/technicians. Must be able to perform field inspections in rough terrain, climb ladders, etc. as required.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of South Carolina.
Assist the Chief of Engineering in the management of the agency's Permanent Improvement Program.
- Performs complex duties requiring the application of professional engineering practices and principles in all phases of the Engineering, Construction & Planning section.
- Instructs maintenance personnel and Regional Maintenance Managers on code compliance issues.
- Acts as project engineer on major and minor park construction projects.
- Assists Chief of Engineering, Construction & Planning as assigned with administrative duties, budgeting and Permanent Improvement Projects.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the Engineering, Construction & Planning work unit, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: SCPRT Central Office.
37.5 hours weekly.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.