Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Organization: Greenville Memorial Medical Campus
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Associates Degree Radiology or Cardiovascular Technology
- 2 years of experience performing Electrophysiology procedures
One of the following certifcations: (Lawson Code: COTR)
R-ARRT(Radiology registry with the American Registry of Radiology Technologists)
or RCIS (Registered Cardiovasular Invasive Specialist)
or RCES (Registered Cardiac Elecrophysiology Specialist
or EP certification issued by NASPE (National American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology)
Facilitates electrophysiology procedures through room preparation, patient preparation, patient monitoring. Assists physicians with procedures.
- Accomplishes monitoring duties. Understands mechanics of arrhythmias. Understands mapping techniques for ablation of arrhythmias. Monitors patient’s electrocardiogram and reports rhythm disturbances to physician. Monitor and record intracardiac and intravascular pressures.
- Accomplishes scrub duties. Practices sterile techniques. Ensures tasks are accomplished efficiently and accurately. Assists and anticipates needs of physician.
- Safely returns patients to room or nursing unit after procedure when necessary. Checks for pedal pulse and bleeding. Ensures that patient is comfortable. Gives post procedure instructions. Ensures other team members are informed of patient status as needed.
- Assists with recovery duties. Assist physician with obtaining hemostasis as needed or as case load allows. Carries out post cath orders, as assigned.
- Prepares procedure room using infection control guidelines. Ensures radiation protection techniques are followed. Performs quality equipment checks daily.
- Performs accurate set-up of EP equipment. Ensures proper use of RF generator. Ensures proper use of stimulator.
- Ensures records are maintained. Restocks supplies as needed. Checks patient chart for correct permits.
- Accurately places electrodes on patient for monitoring. Places Defibrillator and appropriate ground pads on patient. Checks prep for accuracy and makes corrections as needed.
- Retrieves supplies from Central Sterile and Material Services as needed. Compares case load and on-hand supplies and obtains needed supplies.
- Ensures instruments are cleaned and prepared for Central Supply per department Policy and Infection Control. Instruments listed and accounted for on delivery to Decontamination.
- For those that have their RCIS, the following job duties from the RCIS Scope of Practice may be included after competency demonstrated to physician: Venous access, vascular sheath exchange, suturing of implantable cardiac device pocket, and manipulation of intracardiac catheters with physician supervision,
- Successful completion of the Prisma Health Arrhythmia Competency Exam.
- Able to assume charge duties in the absence of the Supervisor.
701 Grove Rd
Greenville, SC 29605
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.