Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: March 22, 2021
Organization: Greenwood Commission of Public Works
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary/Pay Rate: $32,913 - $49,369
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by specialized courses/training equivalent to completion of one year of college. And Requires a vocational diploma in automotive mechanics or other relevant field.
Requires three years of experience in the maintenance and repair of light to heavy equipment OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSES: Must possess a valid state CDL driver's license with appropriate endorsements or must obtain within ninety (90) days from date of hire. Completes special technical training as required. Prefer ASE certifications.
Under general supervision, operates heavy equipment as required for the installation and maintenance of CPW gas systems; performs various system maintenance duties. Reports to the Transmission and Distribution Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Operates a backhoe, boom truck, back fill tractor, plow and trencher as needed for the installation, maintenance and repair of gas mains and service lines; exercises caution to avoid damage to any underground utilities.
- Operates a vehicle, trailer, dump truck, and a wide variety of machinery and equipment, including a boring machine, jack hammer, wacker tamp, roller, air compressor, flame pak, pipe horn, fusion equipment, threaders, etc., as well as various hand and power tools and supplies as necessary for daily tasks.
- Constructs, installs, maintains and repairs regulator stations.
- Installs taps, valves and gas stops.
- Detects and repairs gas leaks.
- Tests, maintains and/or repairs gas system components, such as main line extensions and service lines.
- Performs directional boring as needed.
- May transport equipment required for daily tasks from one site to another.
- Detects and reports any unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintains assigned equipment, vehicles and tools.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all work performed; prepares valve cards to record location and description of work performed.
- Performs work in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, codes, and standards of safety and quality.
- Participates in the maintenance of positive customer relations.
- Works on call as scheduled for emergencies.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, customers, contractors, utility companies, City/County personnel, and the general public.
121 W Court Ave.
Greenwood, SC 29646-2748
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.