Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 23, 2019
Organization: SC Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $38,671 annually
Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Business, Marketing or related field and one year of experience in event planning and management or equivalent combination of education and training. Familiarity with event practices preferred.
- Position requires medium to heavy lifting, bending, walking, and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other material used in maintaining park facilities and grounds. Works with office equipment such as computers, calculators, etc.
- Position requires working weekends, nights and holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and direct subordinates as required.
- Knowledgeable of event operations to include setup, maintenance and administrative functions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Possess a valid SC Driver's license.
Under limited direction, assists with venue sales and marketing, managing venue operations and client services for various Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site locations with emphasis on events taking place at Founders' Hall and the Legare Waring House.
- Assists with all aspects of specific events at Charles Towne Landing State Historic with an emphasis on those taking place at Founders' Hall and the Legare Waring House.
- Assists with marketing and sales of venues at Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site.
- Assists with other park administrative functions as directed by supervisor.
- Assists with post-event evaluation in an effort to determine visitor satisfaction and success of future events.
- Assists with various maintenance and housekeeping activities of related facilities, associated grounds and equipment to ensure that they are maintained to the standards set forth by the Park Service.
- Assists with the training of seasonal and volunteer staff.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the park and/or district, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201