Fabrication Technician III - Robot Welder 1st Shift
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 20, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Minimum 2 years of welder experience
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience in running robot welder or CNC operator.
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
- Ability to read and interpret various fabrication drawings.
- Experience with precision measuring devices such as; calipers, OD/ID and depth gauges, and other measuring devices.
- Must demonstrate high learning agility.
- Welding certification
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Fabrication Technician III - Robot Welder 1st Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood facility. Note: The is at the Maxwell Ave. facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Receive work assignments from supervisor or production control system.
- Input information into data collection system as required.
- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions.
- Set-up and perform metal joining and cutting operations, with ferrous and nonferrous metals such as (copper, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, galvanized steel, and cast metals), with or without fixtures, using a variety of welding and brazing equipment, robot CNC welders and housing saw.
- Able to troubleshoot and program machines with HMI capabilities.
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement
- Frequently pushing or pulling up to 100 lbs; frequently lifting up to 50 lbs. In addition use material handling equipment to load, unload, transport, and position heavy loads.
- Familiar with all materials used to perform job functions. Follow material safety data sheet instructions.
- Utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
- Perform statistical process control on machinery, as required.
- Assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
- Set-up and operate manual shear.
- Will be expected to comply with the environment, health and safety guidelines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
310 Maxwell Ave
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.