Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: February 19, 2021
Organization: The Urban Electric Company
City: North Charleston
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: Some Benefits &amp; Perks of Working at The Urban Electric Co. Our production team runs on first shift only. The production schedule runs Monday - Thursday (four 10-hour days); therefore most weekends are 3-day weekends! Medical &amp; dental insurance with employer contributions 401(k) savings plan with employer match Paid parental leave for new moms and dads Generous paid time off and holidays A company-wide health &amp; wellness initiative An on-site barista with complimentary drinks and snacks Robust training program with room for growth and merit based advancement
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Additional knowledge and/or training/certification in Lean Manufacturing and 5S is a plus!
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and manufacturing processes.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding solutions.
- You can understand the reason behind a process, but you're also enthusiastic about spotting room for improvement.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You’ve got fine motor skills and the ability to work with small parts.
- You can manage your time and prioritize to meet production deadlines.
- You’re a flexible team player, willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have technical aptitude and the ability to read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints.
- You have basic computer skills (e-mail, internet, and Microsoft Office).
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
- May be in non-temperature controlled environment
Personal Protective Equipment Required:
- Half or Full Face Mask
- Safety Glasses
- Ear plugs
- Latex Gloves
- Steel Toe Boots (company provided voucher each year)
Who We Are:
At The Urban Electric Co., we make it our mission to recruit and retain highly skilled and passionate individuals. Because we have a genuine respect for the talents and story of every member of our team, our culture attracts a wide variety of personalities and backgrounds to compose an eclectic and fun atmosphere. Each of our company’s products is bench-made and hand-finished at our 120,000 sq. ft. headquarters in Charleston, which houses the talented engineers, sales and marketing professionals, designers, and craftsmen who make up our team. We pride ourselves on manufacturing processes that secure the growth and sustainability of artisanal craft for the future by using modern techniques that enhance and refine the hand-build approach as opposed to replacing it.
Who You Are:
As a Fabricator Apprentice, you will work within the Fabrication Department and you will be responsible for cutting, manipulating and preparing raw materials (brass, copper, steel, etc) to meet required print specifications.
A Day in the Life:
- Determining appropriate fabrication processes and planning work accordingly.
- Studying work orders, shop prints/work instructions, materials and specifications while understanding critical to quality specifications and tolerances.
- Set-up and operation of metal fabricating equipment including, but not limited to, drill press, belt sander, shear, roller, cold saw and band saw.
- Cutting, bending, rolling, shaping, beveling, sanding, drilling, tapping, etc. of raw materials (brass, copper, steel).
- Inspect work pieces for adherence to prints using measuring devices, go / no-go gauges and templates.
- Perform all duties in a safe, organized and efficient manner.
2120 Noisette Blvd
North Charleston, SC 29405
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.