Food Service Specialist V (Food Service Director)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Organization: Whitten Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
High School Diploma. Management experience in a food service environment with demonstrated knowledge in preparation, cooking storage and serving food products. Must possess a valid driver's license. Servesafe Certified.
Provides leadership and general supervision to ensure that the Food Service Department operates efficiently and effectively in order to provide high quality, nutritious meals according to the needs of persons living at Whitten Center. Ensures that appropriate fiscal controls are maintained while adhering to all DHEC standards for food preparation and sanitation.
- Oversees all aspects of food service operations including scheduling, procurement, cost analysis, inventory control, and menu planning and recipe development. Ensures that meals are flavorful and nutritious and prepared according to approved menu plans. Monitors operations and services through direct and frequent observations.
- Maintains accountability on all Food Service staff. Ensures adequate but not excessive staffing levels. Makes sure that holidays and annual leave days are scheduled in a manner that will not result in adequate coverage or require the use of overtime. Visits all work areas of Food Service on a regular basis to ensure productivity and quality control. Provides training opportunities to enhance job skills and ensure cross training of staff.
- Ensures that all agency and DHEC standards for sanitation and quality control are followed. Maintains a DHEC sanitation rating of "A" for the production of the kitchen. Performs and documents regular sanitation inspections. Monitors all stages of food a handling from the arrival of food supplies until the food is presented to consumers at meal time to ensure quality and appropriate food handling procedures are followed. Routinely inspects food products, both raw and prepared to insure quality freshness.
- Continuously examines food service practices and purchasing patterns to identify cost savings or efficiency opportunities without comprising quality. Ensures that all purchases are necessary and comply with state and agency procurement regulations. Manages Food Services and operates within its assigned budget. Ensures that proper procedures for inventory handling, rotation and accountability are observed.
- Ensures that necessary supplies and ingredients are available to complete the mission of Food Services. Keeps equipment in good repair.