Help Desk Technician
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 7, 2020
Organization: Spartanburg Methodist College
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Job Type: Contract
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- The technician must have a motivated attitude to do a good job, perform in a fast-paced environment, prepared to work as a team but also have autonomy with their specific duties and also wear multiple hats.
- Must have the self-awareness to be able to prioritize tasks and appropriately escalate issues to teammates so that the technician can continue assisting other customers.
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting Windows, Mac, Chrome OS desktops and laptops, along with peripherals for those devices.
- A general knowledge of local and network printing support and printer hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Willingness to learn new technology and methods for technical support.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and managing user lockouts and password resets.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various personality types and levels of understanding.
- Collaboration with other departments will be frequent.
- A positive attitude is required.
- Customer service is of utmost importance. We will treat each “customer” with respect and compassion.
- This position requires attention to detail and very good organization and time management.
The work is performed primarily in an office environment but will require going to different areas across campus to support our customers.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand and move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Manual and physical dexterity and visual acuity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents.
- Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on a computer display screen, in hand-written form, and printed on paper.
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and remotely.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in a technology related field or equitable experience working in the technology field will be considered. A minimum of 1 year of experience in a tech support role is preferred.
Help Desk Technician - Contract 40 hours per week through October 31, 2020.
The Help Desk Technician reports to the Senior Information Technology Specialist.
The Help Desk Technician will support the faculty, staff and students by responding to issues that arrive at the Help Desk via support tickets and walk-ins. They will also assist the Senior Information Technology Specialist in other job-related projects and assignments.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide tier 1 technology help desk support to staff, faculty and students and escalate issues and tickets to other teammates.
- Monitor, triage and assign tickets that arrive within the help desk ticketing system.
- Support various end user hardware, including Windows, Mac and Chrome OS devices, smart device, such as phones and tablets as well as printing and other peripherals.
Monday to Friday
HOW TO APPLY:
Download SMC's job application (link below), fill out and submit to:
Director of Human Resources
Spartanburg Methodist College
1000 Powell Mill Road, Spartanburg, SC 29301.
Application materials may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Application open until filled.
Review of applications begins July 9, 2020.
FLSA: Fulltime, 90 Day Contract
1000 Powell Mill Rd
Spartanburg, SC 29301
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.