Highway Maintenance Worker I-General Laborer
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 4, 2019
Organization: South Carolina Department of Transportation
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $25,459.00 - $34,402.00 Annually
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
There are no minimum training or experience requirements for this class. Requires attainment of a Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within six (6) months of placement in the position.
- Flags traffic during road repairs to control flow of traffic to protect workers, general public and equipment.
- Performs manual labor in building catch basin, pouring concrete for curbs and raised medians, laying pipes for driveways and other drainage structures, repairing shoulders,clearing right-of-ways and repairing bridges.
- Operates CDL vehicle for hauling materials such as asphalt, limestone, dirt, soil, cement, pipe, construction materials and debris.
- Operates chain saw in cutting trees on right-of-way. Conducts and documents pre-operation vehicle/equipment inspection.
- Operates standard dump truck with snow plow attachment and sand spreader to remove snow and ice from highways and bridges.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
Apply online and fully complete all sections of the application. A resume may be provided, but will not substitute for completing any section of the application. Accurately respond to all Supplemental Questions since they are part of your official application and are used to initially screen applicants. Candidates must present documentation of their attainment of college degree(s) at the time of interview. Documentation must be either an official or unofficial copy of the college transcript or Letter of Verification of Degree from the Institution's Registrar's Office. If the candidate selected for the position provided an unofficial copy, it must be replaced with an official copy no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the effective date of employment. Failure to provide documentation within the required time frame will result in termination of employment.
510 W Alexander Ave
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.