Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 21, 2018
Organization: GSP Airport District
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: paid internship
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, and Ability)
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s degree program with a regionally accredited institution
- Starting or in the final year of the degree program
- A minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a 4 point scale at the time the application is submitted
- Letter of recommendation from an appropriate faculty member
- Resume that includes relevant classes taken and any work history
- Letter stating reasons for interest in the internship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Valid identification for proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to successfully complete the SIDA background check
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-hire drug screen
- Limited knowledge of pesticide application, weed control, fertilization, pruning, trimming, mulching, plant identification and general grounds clean up practices
- General equipment use knowledge in landscape management
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to plan, organize, and set priorities.
The internship will be focus on:
- Landscape Management
- Fertilization Application
- Spreader Calibration
- Pruning Techniques
- Minor Forestry Activities
- Chemical Control/Eradication
- Erosion Control Inspections
- Construction/Environmental Permitting Requirements
Valid driver’s license
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
- Physical Demand - Must be physically able to use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required.
- Must be required to wear appropriate PPE without adverse side effects.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, rain and snow.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Be required to lift objects up to 55 pounds without assistance.
- May be exposed to noise levels greater than 55db. All necessary Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the airport.
- Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed.Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently. Frequent work or travel in or near roadways, parking areas, and aircraft ramp areas require constant vigilance of aircraft, vehicle, and equipment traffic.
- Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
- Exposed to normal industrial/aviation environments.