Human Resources Manager I (Benefits and Worker's Compensation Manager)
Date Posted: December 20, 2021
Deadline: December 28, 2021
Organization: South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $41,777-$60,000 annually.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelors degree and two (2) years of responsible experience in Human Resource Management programs.
1) Must possess the ability to manage projects and make presentations.
2) Must possess a valid driver's license.
3) Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
Preferred experience in state government human resource management.
To manage multiple agency human resources programs including the administration of the employee benefits program and the agency worker's compensation program; to design and administer related employee training programs, and to implement and manage special human resources related projects as assigned; to stay abreast of all changes in federal and state laws and regulations related to human resources and to provide leadership and guidance to fellow human resources team members on matters under the positions purview.
1) Administer the employee benefits program for the agency, provide counseling on benefits and retirement; disseminate benefits information; process status changes and ensure appropriate premiums are charged and collected through SCEIS payroll.
2) Administer the Agency's Worker's Compensation program; monitor the establishment and status of ongoing Workers Compensation cases.
3) Coordinates employee orientation program for all new employees to inform them of their benefits, agency procedures, policies and regulations; ensure informational packets and checklists are distributed prior to orientation meetings; recommend improvements or modifications to the Onboarding program that may strengthen the effectiveness of the program.
4) Plans and coordinates annual benefits fair and periodically offered wellness programs. Assist with employee appreciation activities.
5) Practice and promote teamwork within the Human Resource Management Office, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders; represent the office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year. Abide by the Agency Code of Conduct.
Actual Job Location: Human Resources, Central Office.
Full-time, Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours weekly.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.