Human Resources Support Specialist
Date Posted: March 22, 2022
Deadline: April 22, 2022
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Benefit offerings Our ambition of treating employees better than most other companies includes the challenging work environment we strive to create as well as the competitive benefit programs available to employees and their dependents upon joining the Company. Some of these include: Group Health Insurance Plan On-site Health Clinic Dental Plan Vision Care Plan Prescription Drug Card Program Long-term Disability Short-term Disability Life Insurance Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Cancer Protection Plan Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan Flexible Spending Accounts Educational Assistance Program 10 Paid Company Holidays Vacation Day Program Sick Day Program Service Recognition Program And Much More
- An Associates Degree is required.
- Minimum of three years experience in an administrative role is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC platforms in Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written which also requires excellent skills in grammar, proofreading, presentation and organization. Ability to interact with confidence in meeting the public in person and by telephone.
- Demonstrated ability of maintaining highly confidential information based on a high degree of personal integrity, professionalism and commitment.
- An overall good attendance, quality and work record while presenting a positive/professional image.
- Human Resource employees are not allowed to have family relatives employed full-time with VELUX.
- Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the position.
- Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on Company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the job.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative and process support for the Human Resources Department. This position also serves as the receptionist/secretary in greeting customers and visitors and will provide clerical support to other areas of the Company as assigned. The position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Human Resources.
- Provide administrative support for the various functions within the HR Department. These include, administrative assistance for the Director of HR, as well as clerical support for the other staff members within Human Resources.
- A primary responsibility will be the creation of material and administration of the VELUX News Network, on-line television communication system. This includes layout and design of internal communication in the web based system.
- A primary component involves the computer where support through Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point are extensively utilized.
- Receptionist responsibilities which includes greeting/assisting all visitors of the Company, maintaining lobby area, telephone switchboard operations, routing of fax correspondence from server and other administrative tasks such as:
-Purchasing and organization of office supplies
-Interoffice mail distribution within V-G
-Maintenance contact for fax and photocopying machine
-Assisting employees with uniform, safety glass purchases and membership sign-up for fitness clubs
-Primary contact for service issues relating to Company vending service provider
-Auditing and purchasing of required governmental labor postings in all US locations
-Primary contact for employee ID Security/Time badges and replacement badges
-Maintaining documentation of various employee training activities such as safety training, etc.
- Assistance in preparing presentations and meeting/event planning.
- Maintaining confidential personnel files/records including, filing documentation and changes.
- Responsible for assembling employee new hire documentation and onboarding information.
- Assists with required departmental reports and other areas of Human Resources as necessary.
450 Old Brickyard Rd
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.