IF Process Operator
Date Posted: July 29, 2021
Deadline: August 27, 2021
Website: View Website
- Minimum Education Requirements: High school diploma or GED
- Good operating knowledge of IF process (Fully certified to perform all operator tasks, sense when there is a process problem, provide troubleshooting assistance to technical personnel and know what to expect when certain conditions exist.)
- Operating knowledge of IF equipment (Fully certified to operate all appropriate equipment in assigned area safely and correctly, detect when equipment is not operating properly or failure is imminent, perform minor maintenance duties, understand basic process role of each piece of equipment.)
- Good communication skills (Share information with fellow team members, technical personnel, and supervision in an understandable manner; fill out necessary paperwork; request services or document certain activities; conduct team meetings; counsel team members on concerns/problems.)
- Knowledge of area specific computer systems and programs (Change process conditions, monitor process variables, troubleshoot process/machine problems, send/receive cc: mail, order area supplies, SAP.)
- Full understanding of yarn identification system (Prepare bobbin labels, identify yarn types and processes, ensure correct merge labeling of final product, trace yarn production especially during MY periods, prevent mixes of different yarn types.)
- Possesses a forklift operation license (Locate finish tote bins, move finished product to the appropriate destination.)
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull up to 55/20 lbs
- Ability to carry 25 lbs or less
- Ability to climb work platforms (if necessary)
The IF Process Operator performs all of the manufacturing functions necessary to produce IF yarns. The operator will normally rotate through all IF assignments. The operator will be a member of a shift team led by a shift team leader. A Lean Manufacturing concept is used to minimize downtime and increase productivity with emphasis on producing A-grade product for tire and air bag end uses.
1515 Hwy 246 South
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.