Inspector - 2nd Shift
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 21, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Dependent upon experience.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Two-year technical degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 1 year of assembly experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in MS Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment. Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs. Utilize various hand tools to assemble and verify quality in a Lean environment.
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Quality Inspector to join our team. Note: this position is located at our Highway 72 facility.
In the Quality Inspector role, you will perform a variety of specific and detailed inspection functions required by customers to ensure their product meets or exceeds specifications, requiring selection of inspection equipment, methods, procedures, and techniques appropriate to the product and customer expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Make certain all checklists, red tags, and written process changes are complete and cleared by certified personnel signatures. You will also notify area supervisors, production managers, and others as required of problems in a timely manager to resolve CAR’s prior to shipment dates.
- Keep records on all defect information to establish historical database.
- Properly use and maintain inspection equipment.
- Review drawings and examine structure to isolate defects and utilize all appropriate resources such as supervisors, production managers, engineers, and product managers.
- Support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts.
- Verify work completion to the specification.
- Complete incoming critical part inspection for proper documentation and conformance to current drawing revision. You will prepare Wisper Defective Material Reports (DMRs) for non-conforming material. You will contact supplies for material return authorization.
- Ensure reject parts with hold tags received from work areas are inspected to verify non-conformance.
- Maintain and change critical parts codes and have responsibility for record retention of critical parts.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, RI 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.