Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 31, 2019
Organization: Ascend Performance Materials
Ascend is seeking motivated students to join IT Field Support teams in our Greenwood manufacturing location. Interns will help run Service Desk operations during a two yearlong, hands on internship.
Interns will have the opportunity to apply functional skills and safety principles in a manufacturing environment while working on projects under the guidance and assistance of experienced team members. These projects may include process improvement, identifying and troubleshooting issues and/or updating procedures. Through these hands on experiences, interns will further develop their skill set and build relationships with IT professionals.
To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and preferably with a 36 semester hours in a Computer Science or related discipline. They must be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills and drive for customer satisfaction. The successful candidate must be able to follow direction, ask for clarification, demonstrate business aptitude, solid analytical and problem solving skills. They must have good written and verbal communication skills, and be able to learn and adapt with new technologies.
Successful completion of the internship program will follow with a presentation to the team and fellow interns. The presentation will include an overview of what the intern learned from the program, the projects worked, and the intern’s overall experience.
· Act as initial contact for all customer support requests relating to hardware and software, telephone, network, operating systems, printing, and Internet access problems
· Answer help desk phone, take the first level corrective action
· Assist with problems and schedule sessions to address technical issues reported by customers. Escalate problems appropriately.
· Record, track and document problem resolutions
· Follow up to ensure problem resolution
· Perform testing to ensure changes meet customer needs
· Provide technical and administrative support for systems and related applications and services
· Install, configure, and support workstations and laptops (Windows 7) as well as network printers
· Perform Asset management via serial number or service tag
· Perform Printer/copier maintenance
· Perform Mobile device troubleshooting
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Customer service experience preferred
· Ability to diagnose and resolve onsite and remote PC related computing problems
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft desktop applications and Adobe suite of products
- Experience with simple network design & support (cable patching, port moves)