IT Support Technician
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 31, 2020
Organization: Midlands Orthopaedics &amp; Neurosurgery
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $11 to $18 per hour depending on experience.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for the configuration, installation, and upgrading of all new computer equipment and will perform basic phone troubleshooting and all moves/adds/changes involving computing and phone equipment. Included in this role is participation in all company-wide PC or laptop upgrades and/or installation of new software projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Answer, evaluate, prioritize and schedule incoming telephone, voicemail, email, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
• Train users when needed on software and hardware on-site.
• Install, configure, and test computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
• Administer move, add, and change requests for computing and phone equipment as well as coordinating new line installations as required.
• Administer an Active Directory network.
• Perform basic telephone configuration and troubleshooting.
Qualifications: • Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school (Bachelor’s degree preferred); plus 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of related technical education and experience.
• A+ desirable.
• Strong knowledge within the following technologies:
PC/Laptop/Printer hardware repair, Windows 7 and MS Office Suite.
• Experience in administering Microsoft Active Directory.
• Scripting skills. (VB, Batch, PowerShell, etc.).
• Superb customer service skills. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to effectively present information to top management
• Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
The IT Support Specialist’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
1910 Blanding Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.