IT Training Program Student (ELTP)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 13, 2020
Organization: Blue Cross &amp; Blue Shield Of South Carolina
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or other IT-job related field obtained prior to June 1, 2021 plus two years of job related IT experience. OR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other IT job-related field obtained prior to June 1, 2021,
- 3.0 GPA or higher.
Preferred Work Experience
- IT internship experience.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well under close supervision and as part of a team.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Able to complete assigned work in a timely manner.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Entry-Level Training Programs are comprehensive, including classroom and on-the-job training. Program duration is typically 16-22 weeks, depending on track.
- Everyone accepted into ELTP is expected to successfully complete it.
- Upon completion, the incumbent will be a) assigned to a department where his or her skills will be put to use, b) expected to acquire additional knowledge and skills and c) reclassified to the entry-level position appropriate for his or her area.
- Demonstrated initiative in recent extracurricular activities/studies related to IT.
- Fast paced, multi-platformed environment which may require action and response 24X7 to support the technical business needs of the customer.
The incumbent is expected to successfully complete the course curriculum for BlueCross' IT Entry-Level Training Program (ELTP).
Classroom training will focus on web/application development, system support, infrastructure or IT risk and compliance.
On-call will be required for some positions.
Positions require a security clearance, which requires US citizenship to obtain.
50% Participate in all classroom activities, including individual and group assignments.
- 25% Participate in all field activities, including individual and group assignments.
- 25% Complete all assignments, including tests, quizzes, projects, "homework", etc. Complete all activities and assignments required to successfully complete the ELTP.
Columbia, SC 29219
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.