Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2020
Organization: Austin Powder
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE. SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience. • Ideal candidate will have previous experience in the Explosives industry. • Must have basic understanding of Commercial Motor Vehicles • Must have knowledge of basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office • Must have good written and verbal communication skills. • Must be able to work flexible work hours based on business needs and staffing demands.
• Post-secondary education or a combination of equivalent education and work experience required.
The Location Manager is responsible for managing location assets and personnel to meet established location goals and strategies in support of the regional strategic plan. This is a salaried exempt position. The position manages a team of 5-30 direct reports based on location and project status.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure accurate, timely implementation and conformity of company and regulatory policies and procedures at the location, at customer sites and during transit. • Respond to regulatory agencies during on-site inspections and other incidents involving company assets and/or personnel. • Conducts and/or provide all required safety, health and task training for all location personnel as required. Participates in monthly and quarterly safety audits and observations; maintains a safe work environment. • Manages the budget and inventory of products, supplies and equipment. • Communicates customer and community concerns to appropriate company personnel. • Adheres and oversees site security standards and housekeeping guidelines. • Conducts timely inspection and maintenance of all location assets. • Assists in establishing staffing requirements for the location to include hiring and training of personnel, establishing performance criteria and managing employee performance. • Participates in the investigation of accidents and/or employee relations and safety incidents and provides corrective action as appropriate The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
KEY BEHAVIORAL TRAITS FOR SUCCESS:
• Safety Orientation: Commitment to “safety first” always and in all situations; accepting that safety is not something else to do, it is an element of everything we do for our employees and our customers. If it is not safe, we stop and do not go forward until it is. • Commitment to Task: Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles; give dedication to the position; demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results. ▪ Communication: Able to clearly present information through spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with internal / external customers; listen well. ▪ Decision Making & Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even while dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh options with a strong attention to detail. ▪ Policies, Processes, & Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard regulatory procedures; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures ▪ Integrity: Deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, accountable for actions, maintaining confidentiality and supporting company values. ▪ Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands priorities in a changing environment. ▪ Customer/Quality Focus: Anticipates and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate manner. Provides the highest quality service and product to all customers.
▪ Office, garage and job site environments ▪ Exposure to dust, noise, oils, greases, and other debris.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to: ▪ Walk, stand, sit, use hands to operate controls and work with tools, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: • 5% travel, generally within the business unit.
25800 Science Park Drive
Cleveland, OH 44122
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.