Date Posted: June 10, 2021
Deadline: July 30, 2021
City: Asheville, NC
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: $18.05-$22.56 per hour
- Completion of high school or equivalent. Licensed to operate forklift if applicable.
- Three years experience in machining and assembly.
- Uses hand tools and production equipment appropriate to the work performed.
- Basic blueprint reading and SPC knowledge required.
- Completion of technical training in Machining or Mechanics is preferred.
- Must be able to follow instructions, safety rules and regulations.
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Ethics & Values
- Functional/ Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
- Decision Quality
Machine and(or) assemble new and replacement parts by operating complex machines and equipment. Must be able to set up and operate all levels of machines including CNC and automatic chuckers. Must also be capable of assembling complete functional units or complex subassemblies from blue prints. Use of all gaging, test equipment and hand tools appropriate to work performed. All Grade 2 and Grade 3 requirements apply to this position.
- Set up Grade 4, 3, and 2 equipment by adjusting tools and controls, etc. according to procedures and standards.
- Qualify run for first piece approval.
- Load or unload machines, using proper handling equipment.
- Operate equipment to highest production and quality standards.
- Make necessary adjustments and replace tools or parts as required.
- Maintain all fluid levels of equipment and report malfunctions and safety issues to supervisor or maintenance as soon as possible.
- Transport material as required using proper handling methods.
- Keep work area in orderly condition with respect to proper materials, tools, equipment, and personal belongings. (Includes cleaning of equipment, floors, tables, etc.)
- Maintain quality standards by following proper inspection procedures.
- Observe all safety/shop rules.
- Understand and adhere to current health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Communicate and enforce safe work procedures.
- Identify and close safety issues (suggestions, inspection and investigation findings) and their corrective actions.
- Understand and adhere to current quality and control policies.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Attendance on the job is essential.
- Attention to detail.
1849 Brevard Rd,
Arden, NC 28704
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.