Date Posted: August 16, 2021
Deadline: October 31, 2021
Organization: Carolina Gardens at Laurens
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: To be determined - based on experience and knowledge
- Must meet requirements imposed by the licensing authorities.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations for health and safety in maintenance projects.
- Must have a wide range of maintenance and management skills.
- Knowledge of material costs, budget monitoring and meeting budget goals.
- Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be of good character; considerate; tolerant of aged and disabled persons.
- Must be clean and well groomed.
- Must have an acceptable criminal record check
- Documented TB screening.
- Must have or complete CPR/ 1st Aide within first 60 days of employment.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record and follow work schedule.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Self starter
- Organizes and utilizes time appropriately
- Must be mature in behavior, attitude, speech and action.
- Must be pleasant in demeanor and tone of voice.
- Must perform unpleasant tasks with grace; works cooperatively with supervisors and display willingness to assist co-workers.
- Must abide by established policies and procedures of the community.
- Looks for ways to improve the community function.
- Must keep work areas neat and clean
- Has the ability to spend long periods of time on their feet and to ambulate quickly.
- Must be free of non-treated communicable disease.
- Must be accurate, dependable, neat and thorough in assigned tasks.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly.
- Ability to utilize and apply basic management skills.
- Must be willing to work with the elderly population.
- Must be capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and conveys the philosophy of Assisted Living
- Has awareness and practices in accordance with the regulations of the state.
- Practices good infection control and universal precautions
- Ensures that Maintenance programs are developed and implemented in cooperation with appropriate Community departments.
- Develops Community specific fire safety, disaster and evacuation procedures in compliance with accepted policy and procedures, as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Conducts monthly fire drills in compliance with regulations.
- Develops and follows daily preventive maintenance schedule; performs all Community maintenance as scheduled and required.
- Change’s interior and exterior light bulbs; cleans interior and exterior light fixtures; repairs bathroom fixtures, plumbing; repairs drywall and touch-up paint; paints rooms and common areas as needed; removes lint from duct system as needed; cleans behind dryers as needed.
- Cleans and waxes kitchen floor quarterly.
- Ensures all maintenance projects are completed and supplies are organized.
- Maintains list of requested and completed repairs; maintains appropriate records of work and expenditures.
- Develop and maintain contracted services for community elevator, HVAC, hot water, landscape, and other community operations in cooperation with the owners.
- Complete daily/ weekly/ monthly checklists related to the Maintenance Program.
- Purchase supplies for maintenance and assure that budgetary guidelines are being followed.
- Walk through the community (including parking area) at start and end of each shift to monitor general condition and tidiness of environment.
- Praises and disciplines the housekeeping and laundry team as appropriate.
- Order and keep sufficient supplies on hand to perform duties.
- Monthly inventory.
- Observes and communicates any changes in resident physical or mental condition to the Nursing Supervisor.
- Assists with training of new team members.
- Avoids loss, breakage and waste of supplies and equipment. Maintains a neat and orderly housekeeping department.
- Wears name tag at all times.
- Has a working walkie on them during their shift.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, team members and visitors.
- Responsible for responding to door alarms as needed.
- Knows and follows Emergency Procedures, Elopement and all other procedures.
- Performs all other duties assigned by Administrator.
- Must attend and/or complete all assigned training to meet DSS regulations
- Responsible for keeping resident information confidential; respecting resident rights; respecting privacy.
420 West Farley Avenue
Laurens, SC 29360
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.