Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 5, 2020
Organization: SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $34,500 annually
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years general maintenance experience.
- Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking, and standing on uneven terrain, crawling, and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents, and other material used in maintaining park facilities and grounds.Position requires flexible work schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to read and understand written procedures and directions; ability to perform simple arithmetic computation.
Ability to provide oral and written direction to a maintenance staff.
Scheduling of maintenance staff that maximizes use of personnel
- Must possess a valid South Carolina Driver's License.
Direct, supervise, and train a staff necessary for maintenance and upkeep of a state park to include repair and construction of facilities, operation and repair of motorized equipment, grounds keeping and landscaping activities. Assists with the administration and the operation of a state park. Works independently within park service and park level Standard Operating Guidelines. Responsible for all aspects of the park grounds and facility maintenance to include inventory and accountability of tools and equipment.
- Following established procedures and guidelines, coordinates maintenance activities related to facilities and grounds as directed by the Park Manager.
- Directs personnel involved in maintenance projects by providing expertise and guidance in specialized trade areas.
- Performs any manual duties incidental to the project to which assigned.
- Maintain records related to expenditures on individual projects and equipment use.
- Performs duties related to material management with coordination through the Park Manager.
- Participates in planning annual concurrent maintenance projects.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Dreher Island State Park
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.