Date Posted: November 8, 2021
Deadline: November 17, 2021
Organization: SCPRT/Lake Greenwood State Park
City: Ninety Six
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $33,030 annually.
High school diploma or equivalent and three years experience in building and grounds maintenance. A minimum of one year supervisory experience required.
1) Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other materials used in maintaining park facilities and grounds. Position works flexible work schedule, including holidays and weekends.
2) Able to read and understand written procedures and directions, understand blueprints, and able to write specifications for materials. A working knowledge of mowing equipment, tractors, hand tools, power tools and related maintenance equipment is required. Ability to deal tactfully and cordially with the public and to communicate effectively.
3) Posses a valid South Carolina Drivers License. Should possess or be able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License within a reasonable period of time. Licensed or competent in electrical, plumbing, and carpentry trades.
Performs advanced duties and directs skilled labor in the maintenance of a large state park operations. Following established procedures and guidelines, plans, coordinates and directs maintenance activities related to facilities and grounds as directed by the Park Manager. Directs and provides expertise and guidance in specialized trade areas to personnel involved in maintenance projects. Oversees training of new and existing staff. Maintains records for individual projects and equipment usage. Assist management with duties related to material management to include requisitions, purchases with an emphases on maintaining accurate records and related reports. Participates in planning annual maintenance projects through periodic inspections. Provides assistance to park visitors.
1) Following established procedures and guidelines, supervise maintenance staff and coordinate maintenance activities related to facilities, grounds, and equipment use.
2) Directs and performs miscellaneous repairs and park improvements, to include carpentry, masonry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and other duties as specified to meet established standards.
3) Directs and performs clean-up and housekeeping activities to assure the attractiveness, cleanliness, and safety of park grounds and facilities.
4) Plans and schedules the park maintenance program on a daily basis. Participates in planning work projects and the completion of these projects in a timely fashion.
5) Assists with the operation of the park by completing related forms and reports, ordering and stocking items used for repair and clean-up, and performing routine patrol and close-up procedures.
6) Directs or perform repairs of motorized equipment, especially that which is used in his/her area. Performs preventative and routine maintenance and upkeep of all equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, park vehicles, mowers, tractors, pumps, shop vacs, drills, saws, woodworking equipment, and hand tools.
8) Practice and promote teamwork within Lake Greenwood State Park, the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
302 State Park Road
Ninety Six, SC 29666
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.