Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: September 6, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- 2 Year degree in Industrial Electricity/Maintenance or 5 Years Industrial Maintenance experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Electrical skills in low voltage and diagnosis of electrical equipment and repairs.
- Prefer at least 1 year of prior experience in a similar position.
- Basic high voltage electrical knowledge and ability to run electrical wiring and conduit.
TrueCore, a division of Nucor, is searching for a Maintenance Technician candidate to work out of our Laurens, SC facility. The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Supervisor. Some of the essential duties of this role are:
- Perform a wide variety of duties in the installation of new equipment to include maintaining and repairing plant machinery and equipment, involving electrical and related trades.
- Analyze equipment problems electrically and demonstrate the ability to tear down machinery or equipment, replace or repair parts and reassemble properly.
- Work from prints, drawings, sketches, written and/or verbal instructions to perform duties.
- Analyze problem machinery and equipment and perform necessary electrical work duties.
- Notify proper supervision of need for tooling and machining operations.
- Install new equipment, run wiring, conduit, and electrical work. Work with plant Electrician during mentorship and become familiar with plant electrical panels and disconnects and electrical equipment throughout the plant.
- Perform normal electrical maintenance on electronic equipment, as well as performing upgrades to plant.
- Use of multi meter for electrical equipment.
- Work with various material handling devices to transport materials to and from work locations.
- Evaluate and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
- Perform preventative maintenance operations. Help maintain storage of stock supplies and notify proper Supervisor of low or out of stock conditions.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Dependability – Being reliable, responsible and committed to fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail – Thorough in accomplishing tasks, no matter how small they may be, and taking care to make sure that expectations are met.
- Accountability – Displays responsibility with work habits and has ability to hold others accountable for desired results.
- Leadership Presence and Courage – Willingness and confidence to have immediate and direct conversations on critical alignment issues such as teamwork, building relationships, initiating and supporting change and production process issues that arise. This includes the willingness to face adversity and conflict head on.
- Maintenance Systems and Techniques/Mechanical – Knowledge of servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, tools, devices, moving parts and equipment. Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge for assisting with servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, tools, devices, moving parts and machines/equipment.
- Problem Solving and Judgment/Decision Making – Identifying problems and analyzing or reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options in order to choose the most appropriate solution.
801 Hunter Industrial Park Rd
Laurens, SC 29360
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.