Maintenance Technician II
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 30, 2020
Organization: Amazon Fulfillment Center - CAE1
Location: Columbia Area
City: West Columbia
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
· Basic Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2+ years of experience with systems and
· 2+ years of experience in the repair of material handling equipment
· 2+ years of experience conducting predictive and preventative maintenance procedures
· 1+ years of metal and wood fabrication
· 1+ years of blueprint and schematic reading
· 1+ year of knowledge with and electronic principles
· Preferred Qualifications
· Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical field
· 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical field
· Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards
· Project Management experience
· Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS)
· Experience with robotic operation and maintenance
· Able to troubleshoot basic input and output functions
· Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About Maintenance at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our , accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
As a Maintenance II, you will use your skills to support the Operations Maintenance team in repairing and maintaining material handling equipment and pneumatic systems throughout the building. You will have the opportunity to install, maintain and repair packaging and distribution equipment. In addition to developing your skills, you will mentor junior technicians to grow in their roles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
- Complete preventative maintenance routines with proper documentation
- Troubleshoot and mechanical problems related to all Material Handling Equipment (MHE) which includes belts, motors, photo-eyes, relays, and more
- Maintain a positive working relationships across all of the Amazon Operations facility
- Track and store department inventory
- Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
4400 12th St Ext
West Columbia, SC 29172
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.