Medical Assistant - Certified
Date Posted: April 21, 2021
Deadline: August 30, 2021
Organization: Prisma Health
Location: Columbia Area Greenville Area Laurens Other
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Currently Prisma is offering a sign on bonus of $2500.00 to new CMA team members hired before Oct. 1, 2021
High School diploma or GED. Completion of an Accredited Medical Assistant Program is preferred.
No previous experience required. 1 year of experience is preferred.
Job Related Certification from one of the following:
CMA (AAMA); RMA (AMT); CCMA(NHA); NCMA (NCCT); RMA (ARMA); NRCMA (NAHP); or RMA (AAMP)
Performs assigned patient care and related administrative duties under the direct supervision of the physician(s). Performs a variety of office/clerical duties as assigned by the office manager. Specific patient care responsibilities will be assigned by the supervising physician after competency is established.
- Perform clinical, technical, administrative and clerical duties as directed by the physician and within the scope of training and certification, including point of care testing. Receives critical lab values, reports value to physician and documents notification in medical record.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Obtain and record patients' chief complaints, current medications, vital signs, pain screening and allergies. Pends orders for physician signature.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms. Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, cleaning/sterilizing instruments as needed.
- Assist physician with examinations, tests, procedures, and in-office surgery. Apply splints, casts, dressings and remove sutures with competency. Report and assist during emergencies.
- Prepare and administer medications and immunizations as ordered by the physician, including p.o., vaginal and rectal suppositories, intradermal injection and intramuscular injection, after demonstrating competency and passing medication administration test.
- Receive and return clinically-related telephone calls after communicating with physician or registered nurse regarding medical concerns of the patient.
- Teach patient and provide printed information, on physician request, about diagnosis, self-care within the scope of assigned duties, health promotion, disease prevention and community healthcare resources. Patient education must be documented in the medical record.
- Document data and care in the patient medical record. Maintain as confidential.
- Complete medical insurance and other related forms for physician review. Communicate as needed with the patient, referral source and payor between visits. Complete patient registration, scheduling and billing tasks, pre-authorization and other general office/clerical duties as assigned. Schedule tests and treatments, as ordered by the physician.
300 E. McBee Ave
Greenville, SC 29601
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.